Friday, May 05, 2006

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

Of course we're celebrating here with a big enchilada feast! I promise I'll get pictures and will post a recipe and beginner's guide as soon as I can. Meantime, if you want some good information on buying tortillas or making authentic tacos, see this article, Man on a mission to enlighten Seattleites about real tacos. (Tomatillo sauce on a mole taco? Gross!!!) There's a recipe at the bottom that looks great, too - potato and cream tacos. I love poblano chiles, which are in that recipe.

Comments:
I'm waiting patiently for the full details of your enchilada feast, sounds too good to miss.
 
I'm so sorry to keep you waiting! It was an insane weekend here; I've been making loads of truffles for a friend's wedding. And I'm still not done. :-(
 
KQ! HI (in capitals!)!

All right, give up the enchilada recipe - or are we going to have to come and get it ourselves....

Hope you're out enjoying the sunshine...we got a whale of a hail storm here yesterday!
 
HA! Michelle, I knew I'd be busted by you when you were back.....I'm sorry it's been so long. I've been enjoying the nice weather with my kids, and doing some fun food experiments with them. Funny how they're getting excited about learning when all the schoolkids are getting excited about school ending soon. (We homeschool our children, in case anyone else is reading this.)

Hubby is traveling this week, and that always makes my computer time shrink, but I'll do the best I can!
 
Hee hee, no rush, my dear...believe me, I understand :) Enjoy the weather - it was so nice here while I was all busy and inside and now the darn rain is back cramping my not-nearly-as-busy style!! Just missing you, that's all...
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?